Friday, December 19, 2008

Gangster Strip Sketch



The above is a sketch I put together for a comic strip that I put together for someone recently. The piece that I eventually did made after this sketch is pretty good. It's been a while since I've had the chance to do work of this ilk, so overall it was a fun little project.

This morning I'm going to put the big kibosh on the first draft of my novel. Feels good to actually FINISH one of these things. I have started so many novels over the years, and generally give up half way through and move onto something else. It's sad.

Maybe old age has brought with it a bit of patience?

In any case, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I like my characters, and I think there's some very real emotion in the pages as well. Could it use some work? Sure, what can't? I'm going to give it to some people, let them read, and hopefully get some good, solid feedback before I start tweaking, and cleaning it up.

Christmas next week. I won't be going home to see my family this year. The wife and I are planning a little candlelight dinner on Christmas Eve, and I'm considering dragging her to see either "The Wrestler" or "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" on Christmas day. It should prove to be a nice, relaxed couple of days, which is exactly how I like it.

Steve

No comments: